As with all investments, leather products need to be taken care of with extra attention. Here are a few tips to assist in taking care of your leather clothing products.
- If your leather gets too wet, dry it slowly. Speed drying leather changes its
chemical structure, so gently air at room temperature as it works better than
direct heat being applied. Remember to keep it in the shape you want it to
end up in.
- If your leather gets too dry, rub a leather dressing or leather cream into it.
Leathers can have paints, waxes, oils and all sorts of finishes applied to its
surface, so it is best to pick a product similar to its desired state.
- When leather gets dirty, just use a damp cloth - you don’t want to use
any soaps or other chemicals.
- Leather stretches out, but does not shrink! If you start to overfill a wallet, it
will never really return to its former taut self. If you stretch a leather bag when wet or very humid, it will
lose shape even faster. Learn to carry the right amount of handbag contents, and this problem takes
care of itself.
- Don’t wrap it in plastic! Your leather needs to breathe. Keep your leather items ventilated to stop